I had started writing a blog only a few months ago. It is still very much in its initial stage. Receiving the coveted Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award nomination is a surprising yet welcome reinforcement.
I thank Shilpa Niraj from Femme Time for nominating me. It is an honour to be nominated for such an award and I honestly can’t thank you enough, Shilpa.
From all that I’ve read, the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is given to female bloggers via nominations. It is a peer encouragement Blogger Award just like the Leibster Award. As an added bonus, you get to meet a lot of bloggers. 🙂
There are a few rules to be followed while accepting this nomination:
- Express your gratitude to your fellow blogger who nominated you by linking to her blog.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by your nominator.
- Add the ‘Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award’ logo/image.
- Nominate seven more bloggers for this award and ask them to answer ten questions.
- Write a post about it all.
Without further ado, let me dive in and answer the ten questions that I was given.
- What is your reason to join the blogosphere?
I am an opinionated person. I loved to voice my opinions even as a kid. Blogging is one of the best ways I’ve found to share what I think and feel with people across the globe.
- What makes you laugh?
There are a thousand little things that can make me laugh. I am quite a happy person. I would say, a good book and music is something that would make me laugh any day and any time.
- Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook for sure. I do have both Facebook and Twitter accounts but I’ve been able to keep in touch with my friends because of Facebook more than any other social networking website.
- Name a location you would love to visit.
I love to travel. India is full of unexplored travel destinations which makes the decision tougher to make. As of date, Kerala is on the top spot of my ‘Places to Visit’ list.
- Whose life story inspired you the most?
Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam is one person who has inspired me in every way possible. He showed us how a simple and honest scientist could become the President of the World’s Largest Democracy. His zeal to learn was incalculable. He loved to teach. He believe that progressive science and inquisitiveness in the youth could transform our country into a developed one in a matter of years. He succeeded in inspiring every single young mind in India.
- What is your favorite color?
Blue. It is calm and quiet. It can also be furious when the need be. It perfectly describes me. (Think of water)
- If you were to ask for a wish just for yourself, what would it be?
I would wish I could touch the hearts of people and help them lead lives in the way they see best like Dr. Kalam did.
- You can do anything you want for 3 hours, what would you do?
If I could do anything I wanted for three hours, I would play my keyboard non-stop without worrying about how I sound.
- Name the movie you’ve enjoyed watching.
This is a tough one. I won’t say I watch each and every movie out there but when I do, I really like them. Most of the movies I watch teach me something and make me a better person. One such movie that deeply inspired me is Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki. I loved the various messages I got from it. I recommend this movie to everyone who likes animated movies. (This was also the very first Anime movie that I watched)
- How would you describe yourself in just three words?
Confident, Lively, Empathetic
All right, that is all about me. I am nominating seven vivacious bloggers from the following blogs for this award:
- Marcum Healthy
- Virtuosity 11.11
- Zzzhe is hhhere
- Annette’s place
- The Food Funda
- In Sync With The Universe
- Ramblings of a Writer
Here are the questions I would like you to answer:
- What made you start your very own blog?
- What do you prefer, books or movies?
- What motivates you to write routinely on your blog?
- Name one song that describes you.
- What is the one habit you would like to develop the most?
- If you are given 36 hours of time, which tourist destination would you like to visit?
- What is your favorite topic to blog about?
- If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
- What is the one thing that you are most proud of?
- What is the one thing that you wish to create?
Feel free to accept or decline this nomination. If you chose to accept, I would love to read your answers!
Once again, a very big thank you to Shilpa for her nomination. Keep writing ladies!